Our Church Covenant
Having been brought by God’s gracious mercy to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ in salvation together with the other members of this local body of believers at Emmanuel Baptist Church – we solemnly and joyfully covenant to walk together united to Him as one body to His glory. We, therefore, in His perfect love, by His grace, and through His Holy Spirit sincerely agree…
- That in brotherly love we will remember one another in prayer, encourage each other in our Christian walk, carefully watch over one another, and faithfully warn, exhort, admonish, and forgive our fellow members as the occasion may require – John 13:35; 1 John 4:7-8; Ephesians 4:29-32; 6:18; James 5:16; Colossians 3:12-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:13b-15; Galatians 6:1-5,10; Matthew 6:14-15.
- That we will not, unless providentially hindered, forsake the assembling of ourselves together, but will uphold the public gatherings of the worship of God with His people and the ordinances of His church – Acts 2:41-47; Hebrews 10:19-25; 12:1; 13:1,15-17.
- That we will not omit our own personal and family religion at home, nor neglect the spiritual training of our children and those under our care for the salvation of their souls and the enjoyment of our Lord –1 Timothy 4:7-8; Proverbs 22:6; Deuteronomy 6:1-9; Ephesians 6:4; Joshua 24:15.
- That as a light in this world and as salt in the earth, we will seek God’s help to deny all ungodliness, and worldly lusts, so that we might walk in a manner worthy of our calling as Christians, holding forth the Word of life to all around us – Matthew 5:14-16; Titus 2:11-15; Ephesians 4:1-3; Philippians 2:14-16.
- That we will strive for the purity and the propagation of the glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ – Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:8: Romans 1:16-17; 10:9-17.
- That we will cheerfully contribute of our personal and material resources according to that which God has given; to maintain a faithful and biblical ministry among us, to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth, and to show benevolence to the poor and needy – 1 Chronicles 29:11-14; Proverbs 11:24-26; 2 Corinthians 8-9; 1 Corinthians 16:2; Galatians 6:10.
- That the ultimate authority in every area of life is to be the Word of God alone by which we shall strive to live under… to the glory of the Lord – Matthew 4:4; 22:29; 5:17-18; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12-13.
- That we shall joyfully submit to the God-appointed leaders and to the other members of this church for the sake of the well being and unity of this body – Hebrews 13:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; Philippians 2:2-11; 1 Corinthians 1:10-13; Ephesians 5:21; Galatians 6:1-2,9-10.
- That we recognize any willful and continued abuse of the privileges bestowed upon us as members of Emmanuel Baptist Church shall result in partial restriction of or the total withdrawal of privileges of membership according to the biblical mandate – Matthew 18:15-18; Romans 16:17-20: Titus 3:10-11, 2 Thessalonians 3:6,14-15.